Montage of rail images. Follow this link to skip navigation.
Link to the railway archive

Railway Archive: The Last Main Line

Link to home page
Link to canals section
Link to railways section
Link to aviation section
Link to learning zone
Link to about this site
Link to send feedback
Navigation ends

The Old Public Hall in Hucknall

The Old Public Hall in Hucknall

Go back to the records from the Hucknall map.Buy this photo this link opens a new window
L3470. An inscription at the top of this building reads 'Hucknall Torkard Public Hall 1875.' Known simply as 'Hucknall' since 1915, the town previously took its name from its association with the Torcard family, including Thomas Torcard, a local vicar at the turn of the 14th Century. A section on the first floor of the building is used as a shop, seen here with white awning and a young lady infront. The Old Public Hall is found on the left-hand side at the bottom of Watnall Road.
PublisherLeicestershire County Council
Contributor
Creatorpersonalname - Newton, S. W. A.
Datecreation - circa 1897
TypePhotographs - Black and White
Formatdimension.H - 160 mm
dimension.W - 212 mm
IdentifierNewton - 124/5
SourceS. W. A. Newton Collection - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
LanguageEN
Relationcopy of - S. W. A. Newton Collection
derived from - glass plate negative
CoverageLocation.Creation Site - Hucknall, Nottinghamshire (O.S. Ref: 453500 349200)
Location.Current Repository - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
point - circa 1897
RightsLeicestershire County Council