Montage of rail images. Follow this link to skip navigation.
Link to the railway archive

Railway Archive: The Last Main Line

Link to home page
Link to canals section
Link to railways section
Link to aviation section
Link to learning zone
Link to about this site
Link to send feedback
Navigation ends

Clifton upon Dunsmore church

Clifton upon Dunsmore church

Go back to the records from the Newton map.Buy this photo this link opens a new window
L2848. Photographed in August 1897, this is the church of St. Mary the Virgin at Clifton upon Dunsmore, a small Warwickshire village near Rugby that lay a short distance to the east of the London Extension. Although it is not the first church to occupy this site, the building does date back to the 13th Century, albeit the subject of several alterations.
Publisher
ContributorLeicestershire County Council
Creatorpersonalname - S. W. A Newton
Datecreation - 1897-08-14
TypePhotographs - black and white
Formatdimension.H - 162mm
dimension.W - 216mm
IdentifierNewton - 4/19
SourceS. W. A. Newton Collection - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
LanguageEN
Relationcopy of - glass plate negative
part of - S. W. A. Newton Collection
CoverageLocation.Current Repository - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
Location.Creation Site - Clifton upon Dunsmore, Warwickshire (O.S. Ref: 453200 276400)
point - 1897-08-14
RightsLeicestershire County Council