Montage of rail images. Follow this link to skip navigation.
Link to the railway archive

Railway Archive: The Last Main Line

Link to home page
Link to canals section
Link to railways section
Link to aviation section
Link to learning zone
Link to about this site
Link to send feedback
Navigation ends

St. John's Wood Underground station

St. John's Wood Underground station

Go back to the map or view all the records from this map.
L2659. Photographed in September 1933, this is the entrance to the Metropolitan Railway's St. John's Wood Underground station. Designed by the Metropolitan's architect Charles W. Clark, the building was constructed in 1925, replacing the original station that had stood since 1868.
Publisher
ContributorLondon's Transport Museum
Creatorattribution - Topical Press
Datecreation - 1933-09-02
TypeDigital images - Scanned
Formatresolution - 300 dpi
dimension.H - 152mm
IdentifierLondon's Transport Museum - 1998/ 65355
SourceLondon's Transport Museum
LanguageEN
Relationcopy of - Black and white print
Coveragepoint - 1933-09-02
Location.Current Repository - London's Transport Museum
Location.Creation Site - St. John's Wood Station, London (O.S. Ref: 526700 183300)
RightsLondon's Transport Museum