Montage of rail images. Follow this link to skip navigation.
Link to the railway archive

Railway Archive: The Last Main Line

Link to home page
Link to canals section
Link to railways section
Link to aviation section
Link to learning zone
Link to about this site
Link to send feedback
Navigation ends

Contractors' 0-6-0 saddletank locomotive, H. LOVATT No. 4.

Contractors' 0-6-0 saddletank locomotive, H. LOVATT No. 4.

Back to the storyBuy this photo this link opens a new window
L1075. Manning Wardle & Co. 'K' class 0-6-0 saddletank, H. LOVATT No. 4, No. 533 of 1875. This contractors locomotive is pictured with her two crew at Loughborough, Leicestershire, circa 1897. Henry Lovatt of Wolverhampton was the builder responsible for the construction of Contract No. 2 (East Leake to Aylestone). The engine's first owner was J. Bayliss & Son, Hull Docks, and was it was originally called GODFREY. Note the tipping wagon and its cargo of barrels.
PublisherLeicestershire County Council
Contributor
Creatorpersonalname - Newton, S. W. A.
Datecreation - circa 1897
TypePhotographs - Black and White
Formatdimension.H - 118mm
dimension.W - 161mm
IdentifierNewton - CL 76
SourceS. W. A. Newton Collection - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
LanguageEN
Relationcopy of - glass plate negative
part of - S. W. A. Newton Collection
CoverageLocation.Creation Site - Loughborough, Leicestershire (O.S. Ref: 454300 319400)
Location.Current Repository - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
period - circa 1897
RightsLeicestershire County Council