Montage of rail images. Follow this link to skip navigation.
Link to the railway archive

Railway Archive: The Last Main Line

Link to home page
Link to canals section
Link to railways section
Link to aviation section
Link to learning zone
Link to about this site
Link to send feedback
Navigation ends

St. Wilfrid's Church

St. Wilfrid's Church

Go back to the records from the West Bridgford map.Buy this photo this link opens a new window
L3541. St Wilfrid's church stands on the east bank of the River Trent in Wilford. It largely dates back to the 13th century, although the chancel arch and tower are thought to be 15th century additions. A section of wall in the South aisle hints at even earlier origins, having been attributed to before the Norman Conquest in 1066. The church's patron saint lived between 634 and 709, and was a Bishop of York. Approximately 45 churches have been named after him throughout Britain
PublisherLeicestershire County Council
Contributor
Creatorpersonalname - Newton, S. W. A.
Date
TypePhotographs - Black & White
Formatdimension.H - 160 mm
IdentifierNewton - C4/1
SourceS. W. A. Newton Collection - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
LanguageEN
Relationcopy of - S. W. A. Newton Collection
derived from - glass plate negative
CoverageLocation.Creation Site - Wilford, Notts (O.S. Ref: 456600 337700 )
Location.Current Repository - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
point - circa 1899
RightsLeicestershire County Council