Montage of rail images. Follow this link to skip navigation.
Link to the railway archive

Railway Archive: The Last Main Line

Link to home page
Link to canals section
Link to railways section
Link to aviation section
Link to learning zone
Link to about this site
Link to send feedback
Navigation ends

St. Peter's Church at Ilmer in Buckinghamshire

St. Peter's Church at Ilmer in Buckinghamshire

Go back to the records from the Ilmer map.Buy this photo this link opens a new window
L3322. The small, medieval Church of St Peter in Ilmer is reputed to be one of the oldest churches in the diocese of Oxford. The original church dated back to Norman times, but the building in this image owes much to a rebuilding project that took place around 1350. Further restoration work was carried out in 1860, which probably explains the newness of the wooden bell tower. As an aside, in 1979, a spire was added and the bells were repaired and restored. The village of Ilmer is located close to Princes Risborough on the Great Western & Great Central Joint line.
PublisherLeicestershire County Council
Contributor
Creatorpersonalname - Newton, S. W. A.
Datecreation - circa 1903
TypePhotographs - Black and White
Formatdimension.H - 160mm
dimension.W - 212mm
IdentifierNewton - 109/1
SourceS. W. A. Newton Collection - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
LanguageEN
Relationpart of - S. W. A. Newton Collection
copy of - glass plate negative
CoverageLocation.Current Repository - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
period - circa 1903
Location.Creation Site - St. Peter's Church, Ilmer, Buckinghamshire (O.S. Ref: 477000 205000)
RightsLeicestershire County Council