Montage of rail images. Follow this link to skip navigation.
Link to the railway archive

Railway Archive: The Last Main Line

Link to home page
Link to canals section
Link to railways section
Link to aviation section
Link to learning zone
Link to about this site
Link to send feedback
Navigation ends

The construction of Harrow Road Station at Sudbury Hill

The construction of Harrow Road Station at Sudbury Hill

Go back to the map or view all the records from this map.Buy this photo this link opens a new window
L3283. The line linking Neasden to Northolt Junction was built to link the Great Central's original London Extension with the new Great Western & Great Central Joint line. One of the stations on this line was Harrow Road (now known as Sudbury & Harrow Road) at Sudbury Hill. Here we see the station being constructed, circa 1903, by Pauling & Co. - the contractor responsible for this section of line. A wooden platform has been built on either side of the railway, and a signal box stands on the opposite side of the line.
PublisherLeicestershire County Council
Contributor
Creatorpersonalname - Newton, S. W. A.
Datecreation - circa 1903
TypePhotographs - Black and White
Formatdimension.H - 160mm
dimension.W - 212mm
IdentifierNewton - 105/3
SourceS. W. A. Newton Collection - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
LanguageEN
Relationpart of - S. W. A. Newton Collection
copy of - glass plate negative
CoverageLocation.Current Repository - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
period - circa 1903
Location.Creation Site - Sudbury & Harrow Road, Middlesex (O.S. Ref: 515300 185700)
RightsLeicestershire County Council