Montage of rail images. Follow this link to skip navigation.
Link to the railway archive

Railway Archive: The Last Main Line

Link to home page
Link to canals section
Link to railways section
Link to aviation section
Link to learning zone
Link to about this site
Link to send feedback
Navigation ends

Bridge 497 - Woodford, Northamptonshire

Bridge 497 - Woodford, Northamptonshire

Go back to the map or view all the records from this map.Buy this photo this link opens a new window
L3123. Looking north west along Station Road at the imposing double span of the brick arch bridge which brought the Last Main Line into Woodford Station. Two spans were required because the twin tracks of the line split on their approach to pass either side of the station's single island platform. The station itself was reached via a staircase which led up from the centre of the south abutment (on the right).
Publisher
ContributorLeicestershire County Council
Creatorpersonalname - S. W. A Newton
Datecreation - circa 1897
TypePhotographs - black and white
Formatdimension.H - 160mm
dimension.W - 212mm
IdentifierNewton - 44/3
SourceS. W. A. Newton Collection - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
LanguageEN
Relationcopy of - glass plate negative
part of - S. W. A. Newton Collection
CoverageLocation.Current Repository - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
Location.Creation Site - Woodford, Northamptonshire (O.S. Ref: 454000 252500)
period - circa 1897
RightsLeicestershire County Council