Montage of rail images. Follow this link to skip navigation.
Link to the railway archive

Railway Archive: The Last Main Line

Link to home page
Link to canals section
Link to railways section
Link to aviation section
Link to learning zone
Link to about this site
Link to send feedback
Navigation ends

Girder bridge near Ashby Magna

Girder bridge near Ashby Magna

Go back to the map or view all the records from this map.Buy this photo this link opens a new window
L2954. Bridge 412, a girder structure that carried the Last Main Line across the Cosby to Ashby road. Built by Topham, Jones & Railton as part of Contract No.3 (Aylestone to Rugby), this was the first bridge north of the Great Central's Ashby Magna station. The lattice work iron parapet is a typical feature of the London Extension.
Publisher
ContributorLeicestershire County Council
Creatorpersonalname - S. W. A Newton
Datecreation - circa 1897
TypePhotographs - black and white
Formatdimension.H - 162mm
dimension.W - 216mm
IdentifierNewton - 24/1
SourceS. W. A. Newton Collection - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
LanguageEN
Relationcopy of - glass plate negative
part of - S. W. A. Newton Collection
CoverageLocation.Current Repository - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
Location.Creation Site - Ashby Magna, Leicestershire (O.S. Ref: 455700 291400)
period - circa 1897
RightsLeicestershire County Council