Montage of rail images. Follow this link to skip navigation.
Link to the railway archive

Railway Archive: The Last Main Line

Link to home page
Link to canals section
Link to railways section
Link to aviation section
Link to learning zone
Link to about this site
Link to send feedback
Navigation ends

Girder bridge at the site of Finmere Station

Girder bridge at the site of Finmere Station

Go back to the map or view all the records from this map.Buy this photo this link opens a new window
L2937. Built by Walter Scott & Co. as part of Contract No.6 (Brackley to Quainton Road), this is the double span plate girder bridge that brought the London Extension into Finmere Station. Two separate spans were required because the twin tracks of the line split to pass either side of the single island platform. Visible on the left abutment is the entrance to the flight of stairs that took passengers up to the station.
Publisher
ContributorLeicestershire County Council
Creatorpersonalname - S. W. A Newton
Datecreation - circa 1897
TypePhotographs - black and white
Formatdimension.H - 162mm
dimension.W - 216mm
IdentifierNewton - 21/2
SourceS. W. A. Newton Collection - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
LanguageEN
Relationcopy of - glass plate negative
part of - S. W. A. Newton Collection
CoverageLocation.Current Repository - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
Location.Creation Site - Finmere, Buckinghamshire (O.S. Ref: 462800 231300)
period - circa 1897
RightsLeicestershire County Council