Montage of rail images. Follow this link to skip navigation.
Link to the railway archive

Railway Archive: The Last Main Line

Link to home page
Link to canals section
Link to railways section
Link to aviation section
Link to learning zone
Link to about this site
Link to send feedback
Navigation ends

Brick arch bridge north of Culworth Station

Brick arch bridge north of Culworth Station

Go back to the map or view all the records from this map.Buy this photo this link opens a new window
L2918. A brick arch bridge spans the newly laid permanent way at a cutting north of Culworth Station, Northamptonshire. Note the sleepers piled beside the line, and the name of 'Walter Scott & Co.' that is written on the nearest of the mineral wagons laden with hardcore: this was the firm responsible for building Contracts No. 5 & 6 of the Last Main Line (Woodford to Quainton Road).
Publisher
ContributorLeicestershire County Council
Creatorpersonalname - S. W. A Newton
Datecreation - circa 1898
TypePhotographs - black and white
Formatdimension.H - 162mm
dimension.W - 216mm
IdentifierNewton - 15/1
SourceS. W. A. Newton Collection - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
LanguageEN
Relationcopy of - glass plate negative
part of - S. W. A. Newton Collection
CoverageLocation.Current Repository - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
Location.Creation Site - Culworth, Northamptonshire (O.S. Ref: 456100 249000)
period - circa 1898
RightsLeicestershire County Council