Montage of rail images. Follow this link to skip navigation.
Link to the railway archive

Railway Archive: The Last Main Line

Link to home page
Link to canals section
Link to railways section
Link to aviation section
Link to learning zone
Link to about this site
Link to send feedback
Navigation ends

Mission hall in Belgrave, Leicester

Mission hall in Belgrave, Leicester

Go back to the records from the Thurcaston map.Buy this photo this link opens a new window
L2776. Two boys pose for Newton's camera in front of a wooden mission hall on a wet day in Beaumanor Road, Belgrave. It was in these simple premises that navvies and their families could attend the readings, services and Sunday School led by a lay preacher of the Navvy Mission Society.
Publisher
ContributorLeicestershire County Council
Creatorpersonalname - S. W. A Newton
Datecreation - circa 1897
TypePhotographs - black and white
Formatdimension.H - 115mm
dimension.W - 163mm
IdentifierNewton - Z 2/60
SourceS. W. A. Newton Collection - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
LanguageEN
Relationcopy of - glass plate negative
part of - S. W. A. Newton Collection
CoverageLocation.Current Repository - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
Location.Creation Site - Beaumanor Road, Belgrave, Leicester (O.S. Ref: 458700 308300)
period - circa 1897
RightsLeicestershire County Council