Montage of rail images. Follow this link to skip navigation.
Link to the railway archive

Railway Archive: The Last Main Line

Link to home page
Link to canals section
Link to railways section
Link to aviation section
Link to learning zone
Link to about this site
Link to send feedback
Navigation ends

Nottingham viaduct seen from Drury Hill, Nottingham

Nottingham viaduct seen from Drury Hill, Nottingham

Go back to the records from the West Bridgford map.Buy this photo this link opens a new window
L2298. Cutting ruthlessly through the heart of Nottingham, this double span plate girder underbridge at Drury Hill formed part of the long viaduct that carried the Last Main Line across much of the city. As with so much of the London Extension, the bridge has long been demolished, and today this site stands opposite the Broad Marsh shopping centre. Logan & Hemingway was the firm contracted to build this section of the Railway (Contract No.1, Annesley to Leake).
Publisher
ContributorLeicestershire County Council
Creatorpersonalname - Newton, S. W. A.
Datecreation - circa 1897
TypePhotographs - Black and white
Formatdimension.H - 116mm
dimension.W - 160mm
IdentifierNewton - T 4/4
SourceS. W. A. Newton Collection - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
LanguageEN
Relationcopy of - glass plate negative
part of - S. W. A. Newton Collection
CoverageLocation.Creation Site - Drury Hill, Nottingham (O.S. Ref: 457400 339500)
Location.Current Repository - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
period - circa 1897
RightsLeicestershire County Council