Montage of rail images. Follow this link to skip navigation.
Link to the railway archive

Railway Archive: The Last Main Line

Link to home page
Link to canals section
Link to railways section
Link to aviation section
Link to learning zone
Link to about this site
Link to send feedback
Navigation ends

Princes Risborough junction and signal box

Princes Risborough junction and signal box

Go back to the records from the Princes Risborough map.Buy this photo this link opens a new window
L2201. Looking north towards Princes Risborough junction on the Great Western & Great Central Joint Line, circa 1905. On the left, three railwaymen pose for Newton's camera. Beyond them is a signal box. Note the point rodding in the foreground, and the large bank of telegraph wires on the far right of the photograph. Mackay & Davies was the contractor responsible for building this section of the Joint Line (High Wycombe to Princes Risborough).
Publisher
ContributorLeicestershire County Council
Creatorpersonalname - Newton, S. W. A.
Datecreation - circa 1905
TypePhotographs - Black and white
Formatdimension.H - 120mm
dimension.W - 160mm
IdentifierNewton - Q 2/4
SourceS. W. A. Newton Collection - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
LanguageEN
Relationcopy of - glass plate negative
part of - S. W. A. Newton Collection
CoverageLocation.Creation Site - Princes Risborough, Buckinghamshire (O.S. Ref: 479900 202900)
Location.Current Repository - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
period - circa 1905
RightsLeicestershire County Council