Montage of rail images. Follow this link to skip navigation.
Link to the railway archive

Railway Archive: The Last Main Line

Link to home page
Link to canals section
Link to railways section
Link to aviation section
Link to learning zone
Link to about this site
Link to send feedback
Navigation ends

The former Great Central Railway Power House and Goods Yard

The former Great Central Railway Power House and Goods Yard

Go back to the records from the Leicester North map.
L2032. Taken from Western Boulevard in May 1977, this photograph shows the side entrance to the Great Central's Leicester Goods Yard. The building in the background is the old Power House, while the smaller building to the left is a small goods office. At the time of photography, Berry's scrap yard occupied the Goods Yard site but today in 2003, the site has been developed as part of De Montfort University. The old Power House still survives and is now a bar called The Quay.
Publisher
ContributorLeicestershire County Council
Creatorpersonalname - Hartley, R. F.
Datecreation - 1977-05
TypePhotographs - Black & White
Formatdimension.H - 127mm
dimension.W - 177mm
IdentifierDE 1897/132
SourceRecord Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
LanguageEN
Relationpart of - DE 1897
copy of - Original Negative
CoverageLocation.Creation Site - Western Boulevard, Leicester (O.S. Ref: 458100 303800)
period - 1977-05
Location.Current Repository - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
RightsHartley, R. F.