Montage of rail images. Follow this link to skip navigation.
Link to the railway archive

Railway Archive: The Last Main Line

Link to home page
Link to canals section
Link to railways section
Link to aviation section
Link to learning zone
Link to about this site
Link to send feedback
Navigation ends

Signal box on the Great Western & Great Central Joint Line, Princes Risborough

Signal box on the Great Western & Great Central Joint Line, Princes Risborough

Go back to the map or view all the records from this map.Buy this photo this link opens a new window
L1827. Taken on the Great Western & Great Central Joint Line, this is a fine view of the signal box and goods shed at Princes Risborough. Just visible beyond is the station itself. Built by Mackay & Davies of Cardiff and completed in 1905, this section of the Joint Line ran from Princes Risborough to High Wycombe.
Publisher
ContributorLeicestershire County Council
Creatorpersonalname - Newton, S. W. A.
Datecreation - circa 1904
TypePhotographs - Black and white
Formatdimension.H - 118mm
dimension.W - 162mm
IdentifierNewton - O4/6
SourceS. W. A. Newton Collection - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
LanguageEN
Relationcopy of - glass plate negative
part of - S. W. A. Newton Collection
CoverageLocation.Creation Site - Princes Risborough, Buckinghamshire (O.S. Ref: 479900 202700)
Location.Current Repository - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
period - circa 1904
RightsLeicestershire County Council