Montage of rail images. Follow this link to skip navigation.
Link to the railway archive

Railway Archive: The Last Main Line

Link to home page
Link to canals section
Link to railways section
Link to aviation section
Link to learning zone
Link to about this site
Link to send feedback
Navigation ends

Signal box at Quainton Road junction, Buckinghamshire

Signal box at Quainton Road junction, Buckinghamshire

Go back to the records from the Waddesdon map.Buy this photo this link opens a new window
L1804. Metropolitan Railway signal box at Quainton Road Junction, Buckinghamshire, circa 1897. Looking along the line towards the two bridges, the Great Central's London Extension came under the girder structure on the left, and went on to join the existing Metropolitan rails seen here in the foreground, prior to entering Quainton Road Station. Walter Scott & Co. of Newcastle upon Tyne was the contractor who built this section of the Last Main Line (Contract No.6, Brackley to Quainton Road).
Publisher
ContributorLeicestershire County Council
Creatorpersonalname - Newton, S. W. A.
Datecreation - circa 1900
TypePhotographs - Black and white
Formatdimension.H - 118mm
dimension.W - 162mm
IdentifierNewton - N 4/1
SourceS. W. A. Newton Collection - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
LanguageEN
Relationcopy of - glass plate negative
part of - S. W. A. Newton Collection
CoverageLocation.Creation Site - Quainton Road, Buckinghamshire (O.S. Ref: 473100 219500)
Location.Current Repository - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
period - circa 1900
RightsLeicestershire County Council