Montage of rail images. Follow this link to skip navigation.
Link to the railway archive

Railway Archive: The Last Main Line

Link to home page
Link to canals section
Link to railways section
Link to aviation section
Link to learning zone
Link to about this site
Link to send feedback
Navigation ends

Saunderton Station, Buckinghamshire

Saunderton Station, Buckinghamshire

Go back to the records from the Bradenham map.Buy this photo this link opens a new window
L1800. The completed railway station at Saunderton, on the Great Western & Great Central Joint Line, circa 1905. Unlike the 'island platforms' synonymous with the Great Central, the stations on the Joint Line were built to designs provided by the Great Western Railway, and were therefore more conventional in appearance. This section of the Line (High Wycombe to Princes Risborough) was built by Mackay & Davies of Cardiff.
Publisher
ContributorLeicestershire County Council
Creatorpersonalname - Newton, S. W. A.
Datecreation - circa 1905
TypePhotographs - Black and white
Formatdimension.H - 118mm
dimension.W - 162mm
IdentifierNewton - N 3/4
SourceS. W. A. Newton Collection - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
LanguageEN
Relationcopy of - glass plate negative
part of - S. W. A. Newton Collection
CoverageLocation.Creation Site - Saunderton, Buckinghamshire (O.S. Ref: 481300 198100)
Location.Current Repository - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
period - circa 1905
RightsLeicestershire County Council