Montage of rail images. Follow this link to skip navigation.
Link to the railway archive

Railway Archive: The Last Main Line

Link to home page
Link to canals section
Link to railways section
Link to aviation section
Link to learning zone
Link to about this site
Link to send feedback
Navigation ends

Junction of Hucknall Colliery branch, Nottinghamshire

Junction of Hucknall Colliery branch, Nottinghamshire

Go back to the map or view all the records from this map.Buy this photo this link opens a new window
L1725. Junction of the branch line to Hucknall Colliery, Nottinghamshire, circa 1898. Spanning the shallow cutting beyond is a girder overbridge. This section of the Last Main Line (Contract No.1, Annesley to Leake) was built by Logan & Hemingway between 1894-1899.
Publisher
ContributorLeicestershire County Council
Creatorpersonalname - Newton, S. W. A.
Datecreation - circa 1898
TypePhotographic prints - black and white
Photographs - 
Formatdimension.H - 118mm
dimension.W - 161mm
IdentifierNewton - M 6/1
SourceS. W. A. Newton Collection - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
LanguageEN
Relationcopy of - glass plate negative
part of - S. W. A. Newton Collection
CoverageLocation.Creation Site - Hucknall, Nottinghamshire (O.S. Ref: 453500 347900)
Location.Current Repository - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
period - circa 1898
RightsLeicestershire County Council