Montage of rail images. Follow this link to skip navigation.
Link to the railway archive

Railway Archive: The Last Main Line

Link to home page
Link to canals section
Link to railways section
Link to aviation section
Link to learning zone
Link to about this site
Link to send feedback
Navigation ends

Culvert near Twyford, Buckinghamshire

Culvert near Twyford, Buckinghamshire

Go back to the map or view all the records from this map.Buy this photo this link opens a new window
L1676. Brick arch culvert bridge built to carry the London Extension across a stream near Twyford Church, Buckinghamshire. This section of the Last Main Line (Brackley to Quainton Road) was built by Walter Scott & Co. of Newcastle upon Tyne.
Publisher
ContributorLeicestershire County Council
Creatorpersonalname - Newton, S. W. A.
Datecreation - circa 1897
TypePhotographic prints - black and white
Photographs - 
Formatdimension.H - 118mm
dimension.W - 161mm
IdentifierNewton - L 4/3
SourceS. W. A. Newton Collection - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
LanguageEN
Relationpart of - S. W. A. Newton Collection
copy of - glass plate negative
CoverageLocation.Current Repository - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
period - circa 1897
Location.Creation Site - Twyford, Buckinghamshire (O.S. Ref: 466400 226900)
RightsLeicestershire County Council