Montage of rail images. Follow this link to skip navigation.
Link to the railway archive

Railway Archive: The Last Main Line

Link to home page
Link to canals section
Link to railways section
Link to aviation section
Link to learning zone
Link to about this site
Link to send feedback
Navigation ends

Brick arch bridge over the permanent way near Twyford, Buckinghamshire

Brick arch bridge over the permanent way near Twyford, Buckinghamshire

Go back to the records from the Twyford map.Buy this photo this link opens a new window
L1675. Brick arch overbridge carrying the Cowley to Twyford Road across a shallow cutting, Buckinghamshire, circa 1898. Walter Scott & Co. of Newcastle upon Tyne was the contractor responsible for building this section of the Last Main Line (Contract No.6, Brackley to Quainton Road).
Publisher
ContributorLeicestershire County Council
Creatorpersonalname - Newton, S. W. A.
Datecreation - circa 1898
TypePhotographic prints - black and white
Photographs - 
Formatdimension.H - 118mm
dimension.W - 161mm
IdentifierNewton - L 4/2
SourceS. W. A. Newton Collection - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
LanguageEN
Relationpart of - S. W. A. Newton Collection
copy of - glass plate negative
CoverageLocation.Current Repository - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
period - circa 1898
Location.Creation Site - Twyford, Buckinghamshire (O.S. Ref: 465000 227000)
RightsLeicestershire County Council