Montage of rail images. Follow this link to skip navigation.
Link to the railway archive

Railway Archive: The Last Main Line

Link to home page
Link to canals section
Link to railways section
Link to aviation section
Link to learning zone
Link to about this site
Link to send feedback
Navigation ends

Occupation crossing near Twyford, Buckinghamshire

Occupation crossing near Twyford, Buckinghamshire

Go back to the records from the Twyford map.Buy this photo this link opens a new window
L1674. Occupation crossing in a shallow cutting near Twyford, Buckinghamshire, circa 1898. The brick arch overbridge beyond carries the Cowley to Twyford Road. This section of the Last Main Line (Brackley to Quainton Road) was built by Walter Scott & Co. of Newcastle upon Tyne.
Publisher
ContributorLeicestershire County Council
Creatorpersonalname - Newton, S. W. A.
Datecreation - circa 1898
TypePhotographic prints - black and white
Photographs - 
Formatdimension.H - 118mm
dimension.W - 161mm
IdentifierNewton - L 4/1
SourceS. W. A. Newton Collection - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
LanguageEN
Relationpart of - S. W. A. Newton Collection
copy of - glass plate negative
CoverageLocation.Current Repository - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
period - circa 1898
Location.Creation Site - Twyford, Buckinghamshire (O.S. Ref: 466100 227200)
RightsLeicestershire County Council