Montage of rail images. Follow this link to skip navigation.
Link to the railway archive

Railway Archive: The Last Main Line

Link to home page
Link to canals section
Link to railways section
Link to aviation section
Link to learning zone
Link to about this site
Link to send feedback
Navigation ends

Goods depot construction

Goods depot construction

Go back to the map or view all the records from this map.Buy this photo this link opens a new window
L1409. Construction of Leicester goods yard, circa 1897. The church spire in the centre of the photograph belongs to the church of St. Mary de Castro. This section of the Line (Contract No. 2, Leake to Aylestone) was built by Henry Lovatt of Wolverhampton.
Publisher
ContributorLeicestershire County Council
Creatorpersonalname - Newton, S. W. A.
Datecreation - circa 1897
TypePhotographs - 
Photographic prints - black and white
Formatdimension.H - 118mm
dimension.W - 161mm
IdentifierNewton - F 7/4
SourceS. W. A. Newton Collection - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
LanguageEN
Relationpart of - S. W. A. Newton Collection
copy of - glass plate negative
CoverageLocation.Creation Site - Leicester, Leicestershire (O.S. Ref: 458000 303700)
Location.Current Repository - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
period - circa 1897
RightsLeicestershire County Council