Montage of railway images. Follow this link to skip navigation.
Link to the railway archive

Railway Archive: The Last Main Line

Link to home page
Link to canals section
Link to railways section
Link to aviation section
Link to learning zone
Link to about this site
Link to send feedback
Navigation ends

West Wycombe signal box and station

West Wycombe signal box and station

L3158  Photographed around 1905 from the centre of a watery trackbed, two railwaymen pose for Newton's camera at West Wycombe signal box. Linking the station platforms beyond is a plate steel pedestrian bridge. West Wycombe was an existing stop on the Great Western Railway and became part of the Great Western & Great Central Joint line when an alternative route into the capital was secured for the London Extension in 1898, and opened for passenger traffic in April 1906.
Publisher
Contributor Leicestershire County Council
Creator personalname, S. W. A Newton; ,
Date creation, circa 1905; ,
Type Photographs, black and white; ,
Format dimension.H, 160mm; dimension.W, 212mm; , ; ,
Identifier Newton - 103/4
Source S. W. A. Newton Collection - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
Language EN
Relation copy of, glass plate negative; part of, S. W. A. Newton Collection; , ; ,
Coverage Location.Current Repository, Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland; Location.Creation Site, West Wycombe, Buckinghamshire (O.S. Ref: 486900 193000); period, circa 1905; ,
Rights Leicestershire County Council
File created 4:2:1, 17/5/2004